FoodLife started as a way to support families who had been impacted financially
by the Covid-19 outbreak crisis. We have done this by providing three types of boxes;
1. A Dinner Is Served box which is an emergency pre-cooked frozen meal for families
2. An Emergency 3-4 Day Dry Food Boxes through Foodbank
3. A Fresh Food box with fresh fruit & vegetables
As of September 2020 our focus is now on the Fresh Food Boxes with our emergency Dinner Is Served box only available for families in crisis. Our Fresh Food Boxes are delivered to the doorstep by one of our lovely volunteers and will always include a hope-filled, positive and personal conversation as well as the opportunity to pray. This provides support and connection much deeper than just a delivery of fresh fruit and veg. Our delivery drivers will submit feedback of the conversation and our family support team then pick up any family that needs following up with, meaning every family we work with is getting physical, practical and emotional support.
Contact us to find out more or to refer a family into us.
FoodLife isn’t just about supplying emergency food boxes. It is so much more…
1. Our Hope Café Community also comes under our FoodLife initiative, click here to find out more about Hope Cafe, we would love to have you join us!
2. Community & Market Gardens – Our current Community Garden is run by volunteers as a productive vegetable patch but will be used as a future training and equipping garden for families. We have also created a Market Garden to produce larger amounts of fresh veg and salad that will go into the FoodLife boxes. A brilliant opportunity for volunteers to get involved and for families and schools to come on programmes and courses longer term.
3. We love to train and equip families so will be running FoodLife courses. These courses incorporate fun, cooking, gardening, budgeting and health & wellbeing by using foods that have been grown in our Community and Market Gardens and other on-site facilities. A FoodLife course not only equips you with lots of new skills but also allows you to give back to Restore Hope and help us to continue to support families in need by growing vegetables that we can use in the Foodlife Boxes.
4. Celebration Feasts with Messages of Hope. One of Restore Hope’s values is to celebrate the successes of those we work with, what an opportunity to use site grown food as part of our celebration events. All details of our events will be on our website and Facebook page.